Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Recollection

The night was getting old
As ugly intuitions arose 
My heart never felt so cold
Not knowing he was about to be exposed

He expressed his sexual intentions, to another so called woman
A completely different soul
As my eyes read the words he wrote, my only thought, intervention, God knows

Begging for this nightmare not to unfold 
Feelings expressed of pure disgust 
Only to be acknowledged by mere insensibility
Is this the beginning of a life full of mistrust
Yearning for this to not be the start of uncontrollable insecurity 

Pleading to the man I adored not to leave
Only to feel the pressure of his hands forcing me to my knees 
I uttered through tears that it was in him I believed 
Only to be left in the dark, on the street 

Just a little more strength God, get me to my feet 
Find a way to remove me from this misery
But that hope I just could not see
So I continued to weep, experiencing the deepest internal injury 
As tears soaked the sheets

The nights prolonged, feeling like eternity 
Questioning my actions, did I deserve his dishonesty 
Finally realizing his choices were of a selfish being
I've got to keep going, I will find peace in the depths of my destiny 

As I shifted from pity to glory 
The man upstairs reminded me that in my story, a young woman will find victory 
Weakness turned into strength as suffering began to cease 
A cloudy circumstance has ended in ultimate peace



Author, JoAnna Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment